The NNETE Foundation, a NPO based in Kgubetswana, Clarens, born out of the vision of Dihlabeng Church aims to equip and empower its community.
Nnete started in 2016 with a group of high school students meeting after school each day, providing them with a work desk, access to textbooks, internet and mentors in a positive, safe environment conducive to personal growth. Past students have gone on to study around the country in sound engineering, electrical engineering, nursing & more.
Nnete’s goal is to help break the poverty cycle by equipping these students with every skill they need to fulfil their dreams which includes getting some new life skills, exposing them to a wider world view and helping them believe in themselves.
Nnete is supporting 45 families with wood & maize every second week. They are currently working with high school students at the centre and supporting any high school students with revision notes and past papers via Whatsapp as well as training ECD teachers to get level 4 & 5 qualifications.
Learners between grade 8 and 12 needing assistance can WhatsApp their name, grade and subject to 0823393619 to receive notes and exercises.
How could you get involved?
• Come speak to our students about what you do (broaden their worldview)
• Give some time to mentoring some young people (It’s easier than you think!)
• Do you have a skill you could train others in? We would love to create the platform for you to do that.
• Donate wood, maize or money?
• Check out our facebook page for more info.